Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Today is lots of days...

...rolled up into one.
Firstly, and most importantly; today is my brother's birthday.  Happy Birthday, D!  D is my middle brother, and here's something funny... our girls shared one year at the same school, and at the first school function my friends all spotted this man in the crowds of other parents and knew instantly on first sight that he was my brother.  So I guess we look very alike!  D is a great Dad, a wonderful Uncle, and a fantastic brother.  I hope you found your prezzie last night.  Hint: look in your letter box... 
Secondly; today is the first day of winter!  Thus my gloomy picture, matching the gloomy clouds above  (sigh)... but everyone is cheering for the few inches of rain we have had in the past few days.  Here's keeping fingers crossed for lots more, and a good year for our farmers.
And finally; the first day of Me-Made June!  Well, all is me-made here except the underthings.  And tights.  Tights are almost like underthings, right?
A random observation; thick tights plus thick hand-knitted socks makes for kinda tight shoes!  No matter, my tootsies are snuggly warm....


Details:
Dress; Burdastyle magazine 05-2010-111 with minor modifications, plaid brushed cotton, details and a review of this pattern here
Skirt; Vogue 7303, olive green corduroy, to see this skirt styled in 6 different ways go here
Tights; Metalicus
Socks; handknit by me in Morris 4ply "Russet" here
Shoes; Francesco Morichetti, from Zomp


dog self-styled with her own fur coat

No comments:

Post a Comment