So, having got over my aversion to taking my own photo... ta da! I'm back, but who knows what hideousness and violations against the fashion world are being committed, just off-camera, hmm? We'll never know... actually, I am quite stylishly clad today, but you'll just have to take my word for it. Because the purpose of this post is to reveal my new, and possibly last for a while, sockies. Last, you may ask? am I sick of knitting socks? well, no, I still have enthusiasm for sock-knitting and I still have some sock wool left. But I think I have quite enough socks now :), even Craig is helping himself to my sock drawer occasionally, and I am thinking of making other things from my remaining sock wool... just exactly what is to be revealed sometime in the future...
Do you like my new companion? (Sienna is taking a break from modelling too...) I have included pussycats in my sock pictures before, here, and here, and once a sort-of animal got in on the act here, but this is a first for this green-eyed diva... she is very fluffy and very placid, and has just been treated to a good vigorous brush, so was in the mood for sitting happily and plumply, if briefly, at my feet; that beautiful glossy grey coat setting off my socks to perfection.
Details:
Socks; knitted in Morris Empire Superwash Merino 4 ply in Scarlet Twist (col 453) with Beluga (col 430) heels and toes, based on the pattern for Ladies Sockettes in Patons Knitting Book C11, a circa 1960's publication
No comments:
Post a Comment