Friday, June 3, 2011

Useful shoes

I know what people might be thinking; does she even have any other shoes?  Well, of course I have.  People who visit this blog regularly will know I have a veritable plethora, in fact the last time my mother visited and I mentioned a desire for a pair of new black high heeled boot/shoes, something that had go with dresses and jeans, I think I might have overheard something about Imelda Marcos mentioned in muttered undertones.
So I abstained.
Happily, these shoes do seem to go well with both dresses and jeans, and are very comfortable for dog-walking and well, all my daily activities.  They are my current favourites.  But I should try to mix it up more, true.  My other shoes will be getting jealous.
While the shirt is a recent creation I made my skirt years ago.  The fabric is handwoven by Mum so it is quite precious to me.  I just love the lower fringe of warp ends.  She was slightly horrified I didn't hem them under properly, but I like how they look and wanted them on view!


A quick styling note: (not that I am any styling expert, hehe...)The top of this skirt usually sits at medium hip level, and the lower "fringe" sits at about about knee length.  But for today I swivelled the zip around to the front, overlapped the open zip and hoinked the top together with a safety pin so it is sitting up at my waist level, which has shortened the skirt to a length which I think looks better with these shoes....  And I don't think you can even see the slight fold in the front of the skirt, can you?


Details:
Shirt; I used elements of several patterns to get the look I had in mind, so I'm going to call it my own design.  Black cottony stuff, and the dress-making details are here
Skirt; Vogue 7303, fabric of various yarns woven by Mum
Belt; from a long gone pair of cargoes
Tights; Kolotex
Shoes; Francesco Morichetti, from Zomp shoes
Sunnies; RayBan

No comments:

Post a Comment