Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A timely cloud

Me-Made June, Day 8
I was very pleased with this ensemble when I put it on.  And then received a compliment from a friend on my Pattern Magic dress.  Which was very nice!
But I have to confess I felt absolutely zero motivation to take a photo of myself this morning.  It's not that I'm having trouble dressing in all me-made clothes, since my wardrobe is now mostly sewn by me.  It would be more challenging for me to find an outfit that is all NOT me-made actually...   To be honest I have been quite disappointed with my photos the past few days.  It's harder to take a well balanced photo in the harsh Australian sunlight.  A reason why I usually head for the shade...  Don't get me wrong, I love sunshine as much as the next person, but I am starting to think I should have chosen a different "spot" for this month which was more shadow-y. 
Well for a number of reasons; Sienna has hurt her foot so no walkies today, me having some officework to do, long story short, blah blah, I did take this photo much later in the day today when a few clouds had blown fortuitously in, and the sun thoughtfully went behind one just long enough so I could take this photo without that bright sunshine creating in my photo those stark extremes of light and shadow which kill all details in my ensemble.
Clouds, for the win...


Details:
Dress; from the Japanese pattern book Pattern Magic by Tomoko Nakamichi, of charcoal wool mix, details here
Top; my own design, grey/mauve jersey knit, details here
Leggings; my own design, printed jersey knit, details here
Boots; Andrea and Joen, from Uggies in Dunsborough
Sunnies; RayBan


below, just that little bit of rain last week, and ...

No comments:

Post a Comment