Saturday, June 4, 2011

Some thoughts on corduroy jeans

Dressing down,  (and a dressing-down; my husband said, looking at this photo, hmmm, not your best look... thanks darling...)
These corduroy jeans are not really wearing well at all, and are now my equivalent of tracky-dacks.  They are still quite warm, but the fabric is thin and not very stretchy, so bags out rapidly in places where one does not want one's jeans to bag out.  Sad, because I was so pleased with these, and thought they'd be good ones for mixing and matching all winter long.  The colour was just right.  And I only made them last year, so you'd think they would last a little longer, right?  But quality shows, my friends, quality shows... 
I adore corduroy jeans.  They are so comfortable and warm; more comfortable that denim, and a lot warmer too.  So much more practical for winter.  I loved wearing them as a child, and I dressed my own children in corduroy jeans during winter all through their childhood.  I loved seeing my children in cords and white Tshirts; such a cute look, and just what little children should look like.  But of course kids look cute in whatever, even cords with baggy bottoms and knees.  Adults, not so much.


I think I need to find myself a supplier of quality corduroy.


Details:
Jeans; Burda 7863 with modifications, bone corduroy, details here
Top; adapted from top "a" from Unique Clothes Any Way You Like by Natsuno Hiraiwa, blue shot cotton, details here
Cardigan; my own design, knitted from Jo Sharp Silk Road DK Tweed in Brindle, details here (button made by my Dad!)
Socks; (not seen) old and comfy ones, also handknit by me,  here
Shoes; Francesco Morichetti (uggies all the rest of the day at home though)


Later edit:  You know what?  This outfit and these jeans actually do look so much better, more appropriate, with my ugg boots.  But I'm not taking another picture; just imagine ugg boots on the bottom...

No comments:

Post a Comment