Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's very windy...

... thus the crazy hair.
I've made a new top, but it's not extravagantly exciting in either cut or construction.  Not even a Pattern Magic thing, sorry, though in my own defence this was already half finished before I even got my new Pattern Magic 2 book, plus those pattern magic designs do use more fabric than your average unadorned garment, and I had very minimal fabric to play with here.  It was squeezed out of the leftovers from this dress, and is basically the top part of a dress pattern from Burdastyle magazine 08/2009, number 128 seen in full here (and my review of this pattern also)  So just a little basic Tshirt thing that will hopefully be a useful little winter wardrobe builder.  I cut the body pieces as long as I could get them from my fabric scraps, and the front piece ended up a little longer than the back.  I like this though and decided to leave it this way, and left a little open slit up each of the side seams and hemmed around the corners.  It is not lined, but has uninterfaced, understitched front and back neckline facing, which extends to the shoulder seam and halfway down around each armscye.  The top has a long invisible zip up the centre back seam so I can get it on.
(Later edit: removed the zip; the fabric is slightly stretchy so the top can just be pulled over my head)
And I've made this new scarf too, this is just a couple of long skinny lengths of this rather luscious deep-raspberry coloured thin jersey knit that I picked up from the remnant bin, joined together in a French seam.  Voila.  Two embarrassingly short seams and one has a new scarf.  Couldn't be easier.  Don't you just looove this colour?


Details:
Top; the top part of Burdastyle magazine 08/2009, dress 128, of charcoal wool mix, my review of this pattern here
Skirt; my own design; charcoal jersey knit, details here
Scarf; just two skinny lengths of raspberry marle jersey knit, joined together with a French seam
Tights; Metalicus
Socks; handknit by me, details here
Shoes; Francesco Morichetti, from Zomp shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment