Thursday, June 9, 2011

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike...

(yes, I'm a Queen fan from way back...)
Me-Made June challenge for today; Must be on some form of transport.  Challenge accepted.
I thought this would be tricky, turned out to be easy peasy.  Two minutes ride to the foreshore, didn't have ma doggie in tow, no back pack because the camera could be stowed in the basket instead.  I was only fearful of some funny looks, because a bike on the beach is just a tad more noticeable than a camera perched discreetly amongst the beach grasses, and usually when I take my photo here I look to an observer as if I am merely pausing to admire the view.  A bike is a bit more double-take worthy, yaaas?!  Fortunately the only people I saw were a couple of kite surfers, one of there behind me in the photo.  Yes, it is crazy windy again today.  So windy that for your amusement I included some out-takes below.  I call them; Cousin It goes for a Bike Ride... 


Details:
Shirt; Burda 8497, white cotton, details here
Cargoes; Burdastyle magazine 10/2010, pants 110 with some modifications, khaki ripstop cotton, details and a review of this pattern here
Cardigan; my own design, of Jo Sharp Silk Road DK Tweed in Brindle, details here
Scarf; handknit my me, from a wool kit from Ivy and Maude, seen first here
Socks; handknit by me, details here (yup, same socks as yesterday, I reasoned since I was wearing them over tights yesterday they weren't really dirty)
Shoes; Country Road

No comments:

Post a Comment