Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dressing for the office...

... I know.  I am lucky, huh?  Working from home is such a freeing experience, dress-code wise.   And everything-else wise.  
I used to be an analytical chemist, and sometimes I really miss the camaraderie of the laboratory and wish I was back there with my instruments.  I enjoyed the rigidity of the procedures, the precision that was required and the controlled environment.  But on days like today when I can rush out to the clothesline to rescue a load of dry washing just as the first fat raindrops fall, when I can nip out with the doggie while the sun is shining and save my office work for when the clouds roll in, the fact that I can choose; I'm content with the autonomy of my schedule.  
I love the sound of the rain on the roof, and keep popping over the the window to check it out.  Watching those rain drops soaking into the soil, imagining our garden as a little community of plants, alive and drinking and growing and rejoicing together at the rain just like we are. 
Possibly I won't be so enamoured of the rain in a few months, but for now, it's wonderful!


Details:
Top; top "a" from Unique Clothes Any Way You Like by Natsuno Hiraiwa, white cotton, details here
Jeans; Burda 7863 with modifications, purple stretch denim, details here
Cardigan; my own design (basically started knitting and winged it...) Jo Sharp Silk Road DK Tweed in Brindle, details here
Shoes; Francesco Morichetti from Zomp shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment