Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Briefly, with emoticons...

Me-Made June; Day 14
Another wild windy day.  And lots of lovely dam-filling, garden-watering rain overnight.   The evidence was there in lots of large puddles dotted about.  :)
The river had burst its banks.  Don't see that everyday...  :O
I'm taking Sam out to lunch today.  :)
And I plan to buy a new umbrella since mine flew inside out as soon as I left the house this morning... and several of the little spokes have bent irretrievably out of whack.  :(
I often wish the frames of umbrellas were so super sturdy that they lasted for years and years, and that one could seasonally recover the frame with the fabric of a colour and design of one's choice.  How nice would that be?  :D
And am planning and sewing another birthday surprise  ;)


Details:
Dress; Burdastyle 08/2009; 128, ivory/beige raw silk, details and my review of this pattern here
Jacket; Vogue 2894, red silk hessian, details and my review of this pattern here
Tights; chocolate brown, Kolotex
Boots; Sempre di, from Zomp shoes
Gloves; chocolate leather ones from David Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment